Dark Angels 8th Edition Codex: Leak Compilation
Time for another leak and rumor compilation, this time for Warhammer 40k 8th edition Dark Angels codex rumors and leaks. As with the other compilations the Warhammer 40k 8th edition Dark Angels codex will feature both Games Workshop community info and any other Internet leaks and rumors as they come!
Check back everyday as new leaks and rumors for Warhammer 40k 8th edition Dark Angels Codex will be added, without notification.
Pre-orders Dec. 9th Release Date Dec. 16th:
- Dark Angels Codex: $40
- Datacards: $15
Army Wide Rules:
- Grim Resolve: Re-roll 1s if hasn’t moved and can never counts as losing more than 1 model for purposes of Morale.
Updated Unit Information:
- Azreal 4++ bubble only Infantry and Bikes now.
- No Escape: Ravenwing weapons ignore cover 6″ bubble
- Asmodai -15 points from the Index
- Ezekiel -10 points from the Index.
- Huntsman: Warlord can target enemy characters even if they are not the closest model (not with heavy weapons). Must perform Heroic Intervention towards the nearest enemy character when possible.
- Brilliant Strategist: Warlord can re-roll a single wound, to hit, save, damage roll. Get back a CPs on +5 when using a stratagem.
- Fury of the Lion: If you Warlord charged, was charged or heroically intervened then Dark Angels within 6? of him add 1 to their strength characteristic.
- Courage of the First Lion: Your Warlord has a fearless aura out to 12?.
- Master of Manoeuvre: You can re-roll the dice used to determine how far Dark Angels units advance and charge if they are within 6? of your Warlord.
- Stubborn Tenacity: Your Warlord gains a 6+ FnP style save, with a +1 if they didn’t move.
- The Lion and the Wolf 1 CP: If you army includes Space Wolves and Dark Angel Infantry units. Pick one Space Wolf and Dark Angel Infantry unit and roll a D6 for each model. On a 4+ that model suffers 1 mortal wound. Each model that survives gets +1 to Str, Attacks, Weapon Skill, and Leadership. Can only be used once per battle.
- Weapons from Dark Age 1 CP: Use before Shooting increase the damage of plasma weapons by 1 for the Dark Angel unit.
- Hunt the Fallen 1 CP: Pick an enemy Infantry Character increase their attacks by 1, but Dark Angel units can re-roll 1s to hit that unit. In addition Ravenwing and Deathwing can re-roll charge distance when charging that unit.
- Fortress of Shields 1CP: Use at the start of the fight phase. Select a Deathwing unit with at least 3 Storm Shields. Your opponent must subtract 1 from all wound rolls until the end of the phase.
- Inner Circle 1CP: Give Deathwing Keyword to a Master, Land Raider, or Dreadnought.
- Intractable 2CP: Dark Angel Unit that has fallen back and still shoot the same turn.
- Speed of the Raven 1CP: One Ravenwing unit can advance and still shoot and charge in the same turn.
- Deathwing Assault 2/3 CP: Used after a unit of Deathwing Terminators deep strikes on to the table. They immediately shoot as if it were the shooting phase. The 3 CP for units with more than 5 models.
- Satsis Shell 1 CP: When a Ravenwing model in your army attacks a Character with a Ravenwing Grenade Launcher add 1 to the hit roll, instead of normal damage they deal D3 Mortal Wounds.
- Never Forgive, Never Forget! 1 CP: used in the Fight phase when one of your units fights. For each hit roll of a 6+, you generate one additional attack. If fighting against Fallen units, you generate additional attacks on a 4+
- Lion’s Roar: Combi-plasma that can shoot both the bolter and plasma gun at the same time.
- The Eye of the Unseen: Enemy units within 3? of the bearer have -1 leadership. Additionally, enemy Characters attack last in melee, even if they charged or have a rule allowing them to fight first.
- Heavenfall Blade: replaces a model’s Power Sword or Master-crafted Power Sword. Strength +2, AP-3, D3 damage. The bearer gains an additional attack in the fight phase.
- Foe-Smiter: Replaces a storm bolter, strength 4, AP-1, 2 Damage, Rapid Fire 2.
- Shroud of Heroes: Subtract 1 from all hit rolls that target the bearers.
- Mace of Redemption: Replaces a model’s Power Maul, strength +3, AP-3, D3 damage. Re-roll failed wound rolls when targeting Heretic Astartes units.
- Trephination WC 7: Roll 2d6 and compare LD of the closest enemy unit within 18″ (+2 for units bigger than 10) causes a mortal wound for every point above the enemy unit’s LD.
- Mind Wipe WC 7: Choose an enemy unit within 18″. Each players roll D6 add to leadership. If you score higher result the enemy unit’s Weapon Skill, Leadership, Ballistic Skill is reduced by 1 for the rest of the battle.
Warhammer Community Sneak Peaks
The Dark Angels have an army-wide ability, equivalent to Chapter Tactics, which helps them keep their Elite units from breaking in the face of a poor Morale test, as well as aiding the shooting power of the entire army.
Grim Resolve is great for units of Terminators in particular – you’ll be free to take 10-man squads without having to worry about the cost of morale. Meanwhile, Hellblasters are even deadlier, as re-rolling 1s helps them avoid slaying themselves with a bad roll to hit.
There are all sorts of Stratagems to benefit your army, from Codex: Space Marines standbys like Killshot and Flakk Missile, to more esoteric options based around the unique ways in which the Dark Angels go to war.
Weapons from the Dark Age is the perfect Stratagem to pair with your plasma-armed units, whether they’re Company Veterans with plasma guns, Hellblasters or Ravenwing Black Knights armed with plasma talons.
One of the most thematic Stratagems in the book is Hunt the Fallen, which makes for some exciting narrative hooks in your games.
Hunt the Fallen gives one character in the enemy army an additional attack (representing their fierce desire to keep the secrets of the Fallen safe), but in return allows your Dark Angels units attacking them to re-roll failed hits, as well as giving your Deathwing and Ravenwing a re-rollable charge. This is superb for making a deadly strike in the first turn with a unit of Deathwing Knights.
Speaking of the Deathwing, there’s plenty in the new codex for fans of the 1st Company of the Unforgiven. Most excitingly, you can now clad your Deathwing in Cataphractii and Tartaros armour – the former providing nigh-unparalleled durability for your units, and the latter allowing for greater mobility.
There’s still plenty of good reasons to take your “standard” Deathwing troops – the Fortress of Shields, for instance, turns the already-durable Deathwing Knights into a nigh-impenetrable wall of ceramite.
This means that enemies will never wound you on better than a 3+ and will usually be wounding on a 5+ or worse – pretty awesome, right?
Finally, Deathwing Dreadnoughts and Land Raiders are back thanks to a new Stratagem. With Inner Circle, powerful units – like the Contemptor Dreadnought, which is now finally available to the Dark Angels! – will be able to benefit from the nearby presence of Deathwing Ancients and Belial.
The new codex was also an opportunity for the Design Studio to work out how the Dark Angels are structured in the wake of the UItima founding. As you may know, most Space Marine companies now have two lieutenants that serve alongside the company Captain. In the Dark Angels, this has been expanded to include the Ravenwing – the legendary, all-mounted 2nd Company of the Unforgiven. Ravenwing lieutenants are known as Talonmasters, and they serve alongside Sammael (or his successor equivalent) with specially modified Land Speeders. On the tabletop, these guys are pretty nifty. With a twin heavy bolter and a twin assault cannon, they’ve got a punishing number of shots (particularly with Sammael nearby providing re-rolls to hit) and they also help the rest of your army excel, removing cover saves from nearby enemies and providing your Dark Angels with re-rolls of 1s to wound.
This is already pretty awesome before we factor in the many powerful Warlord Traits and Relics of Caliban available to Dark Angels characters. Our favorite combo is the Huntsman Warlord Trait and the Lion’s Roar relic; together, you’ll be able to shoot characters out of the units they’re supporting.
Brilliant Strategist, on the other hand, is a perfect fit for a more cerebral Dark Angels player. You’ll be able to get your Command Points back on a 5+, and you’ll effectively get a free command re-roll once per game to boot!
Finally, for your Librarians – from Ezekiel to your Primaris reinforcements – there are 3 new psychic powers to take advantage of using some nasty Leadership-based mechanics. One trick you can pull of is using Mind Wipe to drop the stats on an enemy character before following up with a deadly Trephination attack:
This isn’t just a book for gamers – for players who love the narrative of the Dark Angels, even the Stratagems are dripping with thematic flavor. Did you know, for example, that you can now represent the ritual duel fought by Dark Angels and Space Wolves champions before they fight together with The Lion and the Wolf Stratagem?
If you’re bringing your existing Dark Angels army into the new era, there’s a range of new kits designed to help you do that. As well as Lieutenant Zakariah, you’ll be able to pick up the Dark Angels Primaris Upgrades and a range of boxed units that come with them in the box, helping you tie your Primaris units to the rest of your collection. Our favourite piece is the hand resting on the Calibanite power sword, conveying the easy gravitas of the sons of the Lion.
A look at Games Workshop Stock Price and financial news for November 2017.read more
December update for the Tournament event tracker for large tournament events in the ITC Warhammer 40k Circuit.read more
A running compilation of rumors and leaks for Blood Angels 8th Edition Codex. With new rules, psychic powers, stratagems, images.read more