Orks 8th Edition Codex: Leak Compilation
Time for another leak and rumor compilation, this time for Warhammer 40k 8th edition Orks codex rumors and leaks. As with the other compilations the Warhammer 40k 8th edition Orks codex will feature both Games Workshop community info and any other Internet leaks and rumors as they come!
Check back everyday as new leaks and rumors for Warhammer 40k 8th edition Orks Codex will be added, without notification.
Pre-orders Oct. ?? Release Date Oct. ??:
- <Insert> Codex: $40
- Datacards: $15
Updated Unit Information:
- No Warboss / Mek / Painboy on bike in the Codex
- New Megatrakk Skrap Buggy
- New Squig Buggy (possibly the “Rockettrukk Squig Buggy”)
- Mek Shop fortification, gives nearby shooting units with a random number of shots the maximum number of shots
General Warlord Traits:
Specific Clan Warlord Traits:
- Teleport – Lets the Ork player keep 20PL of models off the board, teleport in within 9″ of the enemy on Turn 1
- Green Tide – Take an under strength Boyz unit, set them up, full-strength, within 6″ of a board edge and 9″ from an enemy unit
- Grot Shield – When an Ork unit near a unit of Grots is hit in the shooting phase, roll a 2+, Grots take the shot instead
- Ramming Speed – Vehicle charges 3d6″, does mortal wounds when it successfully charges
- Looted – Ork infantry unit gains +1 to armor save when a vehicle is destroyed near them
- Long, Uncontrolled Bursts – Add +1 to hit for a flying unit that shoot at other flyers
- Get Stuck In – Ork unit may pile in and fight again
- Goffs – Rolls of 6 to hit in close combat generate further attacks
- Bad Moons – Re-roll 1’s to hit
- Evil Sunz – +1 to Movement, as well as +1 to Advances and Charges
- Deathskulls – 6+ invulnerable save, units may also re-roll one to-hit, to-wound and damage roll for shooting
- Blood Axes – May Advance and Charge after Falling Back, also count as in Cover while in the open
- Snakebites – 6+ rolls to ignore wounds, like Disgustingly Resilient
- Freebooters – Get +1 to hit if another nearby friendly model destroys an enemy
Warhammer Community Sneak Peaks
Speed Freeks is a high-Orktane racing game set in the desert expanses of Vigilus, pitting Orkish bikes and buggies against one another in brutal, unpredictable death races. As well as containing the Shokkjump Dragsta and the Kustom Boosta-blasta, you’ll be able to bring all the rest of the new Ork buggies to your games.
After you’ve played a few games, you’ll notice that you have enough models to start your own Speedwaaagh! in the form of an Outrider Detachment’s worth of buggies and Warbikes – but what Warboss could possibly keep up?
The Warboss on Deffkilla Wartrike is a brand-new, vehicle-mounted leader for your armies that allows you to field a force of nothing but Ork vehicles. Armed with boomsticks, jet-propulsion engines and a team of very angry Orks, it’s the ideal commander for your Speedwaaagh! – or just a very effective way to deliver a massive, klaw-wielding Warboss directly into your enemy’s lines.
The upcoming Codex: Orks is, quite frankly, the best Orks book ever. If you’re a veteran warboss, this is the book you’ve been waiting for, while if you’ve always been tempted to start a Waaagh! of your own but never quite got round to it, this is your chance.
We’ll be looking at the new rules in detail soon, but here’s something cool from the new book – Dakka! Dakka! Dakka!:
Previously seen as a Stratagem in Chapter Approved 2017, we’ve added this as a special rule on EVERY Orks unit that works ALL the time. You’ll never, ever hit on worse than a 6 – and you’ll get an extra shooting attack for free when you do so. If you believe in yourself, you can hit anything…
Orks are about to get a lot shootier – and that’s only part of it. Watch out for more Orks vehicles and more rules previews as Orktober approaches…
Leaked Images & Video
Games Workshop Stock and Investment news from the August 2018read more
Providing a preview of all the large Warhammer 40k tournaments happening around the World.read more
A running compilation of rumors and leaks for Dark Eldar 8th Edition Codex. With new rules, stratagems, images.read more