Psychic Awakening Faith & Fury: Leak Compilation
Time for another leak and rumor compilation, this time we have Warhammer 40k Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury, rumors, leaks, previews. As with the other compilations the A running compilation of rumors, leaks, sneak peaks for Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury. With new rules, point adjustments, stratagems and units. Compilation will feature both Games Workshop community info and any other Internet leaks and rumors as they come!
Check back everyday as new leaks and rumors for Warhammer 40k 8th edition Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury will be added, without notification.
Pre-orders: November 16th 2019 Release Date: November 23rd 2019 Release Date
- Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury: $40
- Chaos Space Marines Sorcerer: $30
Chaos Space Marine New Rules
Word Bearers Rules:
- Warlord Traits:
- 1. Add 3″ to Warlord Aura Abilities.
- 2. This Warlord Gains the POSSESSED and DAEMON Keywords. Add 1 to their Strength, Attacks and Movement Characteristics.
- 3. Profile on the Community Page
- 4. Add 1 to the Attacks characteristics of friendly WB Possessed Models within 6″ of the Warlord
- 5. When with Warlord loses a wound, roll 1D6, adding 3 if that wound being lost is a mortal wound, on a 6+, that wound is not lost.
- 6. +1 wound, Start of every player turn, generate D3 lost wounds.
- 1CP: Dark Pact– From Codex
- 1CP: Malevolent Covenant– use in Psychic phase, if WB Psyker fails test – test auto passes, and cannot be denied. Psyker takes mortal wound after.
- 1CP: Apostle of the Dark Council– Use before battle, friendly WB priest model can knows and can use an additional prayer for the remainder of the battle.
- 2CP: Cursed Despoilers– Use after deployment but before the first turn begins, if a WB unit is on the battlefield, select a piece of terrain (other than fortifications) – cannot be used for cover
- 1CP: Revered Hosts– Use in Fight phase, select WB Possessed or WB G-Possessed before they are chosen to fight. they all gain +1 Damage to their melee weapons.
- 1CP: Hexagrammatic Ward– Use in any phase, after making a saving throw for a WB character, that roll is treated as being a 6. Each WB character can only use this Stratagem once per battle.
- 1CP: Vengeance For Monarchia– Use in fight phase, when a WB unit is chosen to fight with, Re-roll hits and wounds against Ultramarine units.
- Crown of the Blasphemer: +1 Invulnerable save (to a max of 3+). Subtract 1 from Ld characteristics for enemy models within 6″.
- Baleful Icon: Subtract 2″ to charge rolls for enemy units charging friendly WB units within 6″ of the relic bearer.
- Book of the Reviler: model that is not a Daemon. Before the battle this model can generate 2 chaos boons, re-rolling Spawndom and daemon-hood and duplicate results (does not cost CP)
- Malefic Tome: Knows additional power, Add 1 to Psychic tests.
- Ashen Axe: Chainaxe only – S +1, ap -2, D d3, abilities: units within 1″ of this relic cannot fallback, unless they’re VEHICLE or TITANIC, or have a minimum move
- Epistle of Lorgar: Priest model only, re-roll dice for prayer activation, +1 Ld for friendly WB units within 6″
Night Lords Rules:
- Warlord Traits:
- 1. from codex
- 2. can charge after falling back, -1 to hit rolls against melee weapons
- 3. unmodified hit rolls of 6 cause a mortal wound in addition to other damage
- 4. Add D3 attack when charging, being charged, heroic intervention. these attacks last until the end of the fight phase
- 5. when in terrain, +1 to saving throw (not Invulnerable saves). In addition, whilst this model is in terrain, +1 to invulnerable saves (max of 3+)
- 6. If there are more friendly models within 3″ than enemy models, add 1 to wound rolls for melee weapons
- 1CP: In Midnight Clad from codex
- 2CP: Vox Scream use at the end of the movement phase, select an enemy model within 18″ of a NL unit. until the start of your next movement phase, enemy units cannot be affected by the affected units aura abilities
- 1CP: Prey on the Weak use in shooting or fight phase, select a NL unit. Until the end of the shooting or fight phase, when targeting a unit with a lower Ld characteristic than that unit, add 1 to the hit rolls.
- 1CP: Hit and Run use in charge phase, select a NL unit, they can charge even if they fell back
- 1CP: We have come for you Profile on the Community page
- 1CP: From the Night Use at start of Charge phase, select one NL infantry unit in terrain, until the end of the turn, add 2 to charge rolls, and +1 to hit in Combat.
- 1CP: Raptor Strike Use in charge phase, select one NL Jump pack unit that was set up as reinforcements, roll 3D6 for charge rolls.
- 1CP: Flay them alive Use in the Fight phase, when a unit is destroyed from a NL unit. Until the end of the turn, when a moral test is taken for enemy units within 12″ of that NL unit, your opponent rolls and additional D6 and can choose which to discard.
- Night Lords Relics:
- Flayer: Power Sword model only – S +1, ap -3, D 2, abilities: each model destroyed from this weapon counts as 2 for moral
- Storm Bolt plate: 2+ armour save, always counts as being in cover
- Vox Daemonicus: Profile on Community Website
- Talons of the Night Terror: Model that can FLY– S +1, ap -1, D 1, Abilites: D3 additional attacks or D6 if it charged or made a heroic intervention
- Scourging chains: Improve the Ap of one melee weapon by 1, in addition, -1 attack for enemy units within 1″ of this model
- Misery of the Meek: Once per battle: at the start of the Movement phase, model regains D6 lost wounds. in addition gains D3 extra attacks until the start of your next turn.
Alpha Legion Rules::
- Warlord Traits:
- 1. From Codex
- 2. -1 to hit rolls against this Warlord.
- 3. Warlord can target characters. Unmodified Hit rolls of 6 inflict 1 mortal wound in addition to normal damage
- 4. at the start of the first battle round, before the turn begins. select up to 3 other AL units on the battlefield. redeploy them in your deployment zone
- 5. Profile on Community Page
- 6. once per battle, at the end of your Movement phase, you can remove your warlord and redeploy him within 3″ of an AL unit and 9″ from enemy units.
- 1CP: Forward Operatives– From Codex
- 2CP: Conceal– use at start of opponents shooting phase. Select one AL infantry unit. cannot be targeted unless it’s the closest visible unit.
- 1CP: Sabotaged Armoury– profile on Community website
- 1CP: Scrambled Coordinates– use in enemy movement phase, enemy units deploying as reinforcements have to be more than 12″ away instead of 9″
- 1CP: Renascent Infiltration– Use at the end of the Movement phase. Select one AL Infantry unit more than 3″ from enemy models (cannot select units that arrived from reserve). remove that unit and set them up more than 9″ from enemy models
- 2CP: Ambush– use in opponents Movement phase, after your opponent has set up reinforcements, select one AL unit from your army within 18″. they can shoot that unit as if it where your shooting phase.
- 1CP: Feigned Retreat– Use in movement phase, select one AL unit, they can shoot after they fell back.
- 1CP: We are Alpharius– Use before the battle, after nominating your Warlord, select another AL Character and generate a trait for them. can only use once per battle.
- Darkscale Plate: Infantry only. 2+ armour save, 5+ “feel no pain”
- Mindveil: start of movement phase, while on the battlefield, roll 3D6. until the end of the phase, that models move characteristic is that result. this model can move over other models as if they weren’t there (in the movement and charge phase). this model can charge after it fell back.
- Hydra’s Wail: once per battle, at the start of the turn. for the remainder of the turn, when your opponent uses a stratagem roll a D6, on a 4+ your opponent must spend an additional CP to use that stratagem or it has no effect and the CP spent are lost.
- Viper’s Wail: Combi-bolter only– R24″, RF2, S5, ap -3, D 2
- Hydra’s Teeth: Bolt weapon only, Grants the following abilities: auto hits, wounds on a 2+ unless its a vehicle or titanic in which case it wounds on a 6+, ignores cover.
- Shadeblade: Power sword or Force Sword only- S +1, ap -3, D d3, abilites: -1 to hit against the bearer
Iron Warriors Rules:
- 1. From Codex
- 2. unmodified hit rolls of 6 for friendly IW Daemon engine or Cult of Destruction models within 6″ scores 1 additional hit
- 3. 5+ ‘feel no pain’
- 4. when resolving an attack made against friendly IW units within 6″ and they’re benefiting from cover, that attack becomes AP0
- 5. profile on Community Page
- 6. IW units within 6″ do not suffer penalties for moving and firing heavy weapons
- 1CP: Iron Within Iron Without– Same at Codex
- 1CP: Methodical Annihilation– Use in Shooting phase, select one IW unit to shoot then select one of the following effects to last to the end of the phase: 1. Re-roll damage, 2. you can re-roll any or all of the dice to determine shots for weapons
- 1CP: Dour Duty– use in opponents shooting phase or your charge phase. when resolving a shooting attack against an IW unit, worsen the AP by one.
- 1CP: Unholy Vigour– use at start of movement phase, select one IW Vehicle, that model gains up to 3 lost wounds.
- 1CP: Tank Hunters– use in shooting or Fight phase. when IW unit (not Cultists) shoots or fights, select one enemy Vehicle unit. re-roll wound rolls for that IW unit against the vehicle.
- 1CP: Rampant Techno-Virus– use in shooting or Fight Phase. Select an IW Obliterator or Mutilator unit when they shoot or fight. you can re-roll any or all of the D3 rolls when using the fleshmetal guns or flesh metal weapons ability
- 2CP: Cannon Fodder– Use this Stratagem at the start of your opponents shooting phase. select one IW infantry and one IW cultist unit wholly within 6″ of that unit. until the end of the phase, enemy models cannot target that IW infantry unit if the selected IW cultists are visible.
- 1CP: Bitter Enmity– use in the Fight phase. Select one IW unit to fight with. re-roll hit and wound rolls against Imperial Fists units.
- Siegebreaker Mace: Power maul or accursed Crozius only (Has 2 profiles) Swing – S +2, ap -2, D 2 Smash – S x2, ap -3, D d6, Ablities, when using smash, it makes 2 attacks, in addition roll 2D6 for damage, discard the lowest.
- Cranium Malevolis: in your shooting phase, this model can use the relic instead of shooting. roll a D6 for each enemy vehicle unit within 9″. on a 4+ they take D3 mortal wounds, on a 6 they take 3 mortal wounds.
- Insidium: Model gains the Daemon Keyword, add 1 to Strength, Toughness and wounds characteristics.
- Axe of the Forgemaster: Power axe or daemonic axe only- S +3, ap -3, D2, abilities: against vehicles, unmodified hit rolls of 5+ inflict D3 mortal wounds in addition to normal damage.
- Spitespitter: Combi-bolter only- R24″, RF2, S 5, ap -3, D d3
- Techno-Venemous Mechatendrills: Warpsmith only- S User, AP 0, D 1, Abilites: 4 additional attacks (this weapon can only make 4 attacks). every hit scored does a mortal wound.
Emperors Children Rules:
- Warlord Traits:
- 1. Same at Codex
- 2. -1 to hit against warlord for enemy within 3″
- 3. when your Warlord Fights, you and your opponent secretly choose a number between one and three on a D6. Reveal at the same time, if the numbers differ, your warlord can make that many additional attacks. if they’re the same nothing happens.
- 4. roll a D3 at the start of the fight phase, subtract that many attacks from enemy models within 1″
- 5. -1 damage against your warlord
- 6. re-roll charge rolls. if your warlord charges or heroic interventions, +1 S and A
- 2CP: Combat Elixirs– Profile on Community Website
- 1CP: Excess of Violence– See Codex
- 1CP: Incessant Disdain– Use at the end of your opponents charge phase. Select one EC character, that model can perform a 6″ heroic intervention and can move 6″ when doing so.
- 1CP: Honour the Prince– Use in your Charge Phase. after making a charge roll for an EC Slaanesh unit, you can change the result of one of the D6 to a 6.
- 1CP: Excruciating Frequencies– Use in your Shooting phase, when an EC Noise Marine unit from your army is chosen to Shoot. Until the end of the phase, add 1 to the strength and Damage of blast masters, sonic blasters and doom sirens.
- 1CP: Cruel Duelists– Use in the Fight Phase, when an EC unit that’s not a vehicle or cultist unit is chosen to fight. until the end of the phase, unmodified wound rolls of 6 have an AP characteristic of -3
- 1CP: Tactical Perfection– use at start of first battle round, select one EC unit and re-deploy them in your deployment zone.
- The Endless Grin: morale tests within 6″ roll and additional dice and you choose which is discarded. in addition, subtract 1 from Ld for enemy units within 6″
- Fatal Sonancy:– R 12″, Assault D6, S6, ap -2, D 1, abilities: auto hits, ignore cover
- Armour of Abhorrence: Enemy units cannot fire overwatch against this unit, enemy units that fail morale within 6″, one additional model flees.
- Remnant of Marayiglia: Priest models only. when resolving a prayer: re-roll wound rolls for EC within 6″ until the end of the battle round
- Distortion: Power sword or force sword only.- S User, ap – 4, D d3, abilities: can chose to X2 strength but -1 to hit.
- Raiment Revulsive: Re-roll hit and wound rolls for attacks. re-roll charge rolls.
World Eaters Rules:
- Warlord Traits
- 1. From Codex
- 2. Add D3 to attacks if there are more enemy units within 3″ than friendly units. these extra attacks last until the end of the fight phase.
- 3. See Community Website
- 4. +1 charges for friendly WE within 6″
- 5. half damage suffered against melee weapons (rounding up)
- 6. 6″ heroic intervention. and warlord always fights first
- 1CP: Scorn of Sorcery– See Codex
- 1CP: Apocalyptic Frenzy– Use during deployment. when you set up a WE infantry unit. at the start of the first battle round, you can move then 9″. can’t be within 9″ of enemy units etc.
- 1CP: Skulls for the Skull Throne– Use in the Fight phase, when an enemy CHARACTER model is destroyed from a WE character you gain D3 CP
- 2CP: Red Butchers– See Community Website
- 1CP: Maim! Kill! Burn!– Use in the Fight phase. before you consolidate with a WE unit. Until the end of that phase, that unit can consolidate 6″
- 1CP: Wild Fury– Use in the Fight phase, when you select a WE unit to fight with. improve the AP of that units melee weapons by 1 until the end of that phase.
- 1CP: Stoke the Nails– Use in the Fight phase, when a WE Infantry or Biker unit (excluding cultists) fights. until the end of the phase, that units Death to the False Emperor ability affects any enemy unit. but its a 5+ against Imperium.
- 2CP: Blood for the Blood God! – use in fight fight phase, if a WE unit destroys a unit in the fight phase, do not roll morale for that unit, its automatically passed.
- Crimson Killer: plasma Pistol only- R12″, S9, ap -3, d 3, abilities: unmodified wound rolls of 4+ inflict a mortal wound in addition to normal damage
- Gorefather: See community website
- Banner of Rage: Priest model only, once per battle at the start of the fight phase, add 1 to the attacks characteristics for friendly WE units within 6″.
- Berzerker Glaive: Power axe or axe of dismemberment.- S +1, ap -2, D 2, abilites: 5+ feel no pain on the bearer.
- Helm of Furore: Infantry model only. +2 Strength. Bearer must charge if there are any enemy units within 8″
- Bloodhunger: When an enemy model is destroyed in the fight phase from this model, roll a D6, on a 4+ the bearer regains a lost wound
- Q’OAR the Boundless: Tzeentch power sword, Hellforged sword, force sword only.- S user, AP -3, D d3, Abilities: Ignore invulnerable saves.
- Thaa’Ris and Rhi’Ol, The Rapacious Talons: Slaanesh model with twin Lightning Claws or two malefic talons- S user, AP -2, D 2, Abilities: Re-roll wound rolls, when resolving the D6 roll for the Daemon weapon ability, if you roll a 2+, you can make that many additional attacks.
- Zaal, the Wrathful: Khorne model with power sword or Hellforged sword.- Profile on the Community Page
- C’Holl L’Ax, Fist of Decay: Nurgle model with power fist- Profile on the Community Page
- Ul’O’Coa, the Black Axe: Model with Power Axe, Force Axe or Daemon Axe- S User, Ap 0, D 1, Abilities: Every unmodified wound roll of 4+ does a mortal wound in addition to any other damage
Black Templar Rules
Updated Character Rules:
- Grimaldus is 90 points: knows 2 Litanies + Litany of Hate and can recite 2/turn, also give exploding 6s on melee attacks within 6″ and can Deny the Witch once/psychic phase
- Helbrecht is 150 points: Black Sword is S+2 -3 d3 dmg, re-roll wounds vs CHARACTER or MONSTER, Which means with Helbrecht nearby he’s S8 vs CHARACTERS…wounding most on 2s, re-rollable
- Emperiors Champion is 75 points: 6″ 2+ 3+ 4 4 4 5 9 Sv 2+/4++ +1 A/Str while within 1″ of enemy Characters, -1 to hit in melee, re-roll melee hits vs Characters.
Black Templar Litanies:
- 1 is pick a unit within 6″, that unit gains 5+++ (FNP)
- 2. All units within 6″ re-roll melee wound rolls of 1
- 3. -2 Leadership to enemy units within 6″
- 4. Select unit within 6″, if they charge or HI +1 Attacks
- 5. Add 3″ to range of aura abilities while within 6″ of the Chaplain
- 6. Choose a unit within 6″, they always fight first
- 1CP when you Fight, every Save roll of 6 causes a mortal wound
- 2CP, enemy within 1″ can’t fall back on a 2+
- 1CP to pile in and consolidate up to 6″
- 1CP DtW on 4+
- 1CP Advance, fire pistols, and charge
- 1CP Scout unit re-roll wounds
- 1CP when you Fight, every Save roll of 6 causes a mortal wound
- Paired Combatants: Whilst this unit contains at least as many Initiaties as Neophytes, when resolving an attack made with a melee weapon by a Neophyte in this unit, re-roll a hit roll of 1
- Crusader helm +3″ to aura abilities (up to 12″). Additionally, start of Movement phase, pick a BT unit within 6″ and that unit has the Assault Doctrine active for it until your next Movement phase
- Witchseeker bolts: you can shoot a psyker character like a sniper, and a hit equals D3 mortals in addtion to any any other damage
- Aurillian Shroud — once/battle all friendly BT units within 3″ have a 4++ invul
- Skull of the Cacodominus Once per battle, after a witch does a power within 12″, roll a D6, on a 2+ they take D3 mortals
- Sword of Judgement: replaces power sword, S+1, AP -3, flat 3 damage
- 1. HI within 6″ and can move up to 6″ to do it
- 2. WL can DtW once/psychic phase, +1 to result
- 3. When WL finishes Charge move, for each enemy within 1″ roll a D6, on a 2+ that unit suffers 1 mortal wound
- 4. WL always fights first
- 5. Melee attacks within 6″ wound roll of 6 improves’ AP by 1
- 6. BT units within 6″ +1 to Advance and Charge
Space Marine New Rules
White Scars: Strike off the head
Chapter units within 6″ can reroll wound rolls for melee weapons.
Iron Hands: Medusan Fervour
Chapter units within 6″ get +1S
Imperial Fists: Fortress of Resolve
Chapter units within 6″ overwatch on 5s and 6s
Ultramarines: March for Macragge
Chapter units within 6″ can reroll any or all rolls of 1 for charges and advance moves
Salamanders: Selfless Saviours
Chapter units within 6″ can perform heroic interventions as if they were characters
Raven Guard: Swift as the Raven
Select one chapter unit within 6″. It can shoot after falling back. If it can FLY, it can charge
Warhammer Community Sneak Peeks
It’s been a great year for anyone who plays Ultramarines, White Scars, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Imperial Fists or Salamanders with the release of their codex supplements* and new models. It’s about to get even better for these First Founding Chapters as Faith & Fury brings them each a new litany for their Chaplains to use. Use Medusan Furore on your Iron Hands to make them even better in close combat.
Alongside these new Litanies, Space Marines characters of any Chapter can be upgraded to be part of Chapter Command through the use of a Stratagem. This makes your Chaplains, Techmarines, Librarians, Apothecaries, Ancients and Company Champions even better and also gives them access to new Warlord Traits and Relics. Let’s take a look at some of the new rules.
Master of Sanctity
When a Chaplain becomes the Master of Sanctity, they have ascended to be the spiritual leader of the Chapter. Give him a Sacrosanct Rosarius Relic so that he can take advantage of his closeness to the Emperor with improved protection.
Master of the Forge
Masters of the Forge are peerless mechanics, the best of the best Techmarines. Their skills are reflected in their upgrade Stratagem – the random element of how many wounds they repair on a vehicle is done away with, making it easier to plan your strategies.
Being a Chief Librarian is a prestigious position. Not only do they get to choose what fines to levy to any Battle Brothers that return copies of the Codex Astartes late, but they are also able to attempt to Deny an additional psychic power in your enemy’s Psychic phase.** Give them the Neural Shroud Relic to increase their chances to Deny the Witch at longer range.
It’s time to turn your Apothecary into a supercharged battlefield medic. With the Selfless Healer Warlord Trait, you can provide medical attention to the same unit twice in a turn – never mind first aid, you could call this second aid!
When upgraded, your Ancient has the choice of two Chapter Banner Relics to carry into battle. Give him the Standard of Righteous Hatred and make your Space Marines deadly accurate when they make their final, inspired attack.
Only the very best of Company Champions ever become the Chapter Champion. These are true masters with a blade, able to find the smallest gap in their enemy’s guard while easily defending themselves.
First up are a selection of Daemon weapons that can be given to your characters instead of any other Artefact of Chaos. Not only are there new weapons dedicated to each of the four Chaos Gods, but there’s also an option for those Warlords that follow Chaos Undivided. For example, G’holl’ax, the Fist of Decay, is a devastating weapon that may be taken by a Nurgle Character armed with a power fist.
As well as the new Daemon Weapons which can be taken by any Chaos Space Marines, the Word Bearers, Night Lords, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Emperor’s Children and World Eaters all get new rules. These six original Traitor Legions each get additional Warlord Traits, Stratagems, Artefacts and Tactical Objectives. Let’s take a look at the new ways that you can bring ruin to the galaxy.
The Word Bearers were the first heretics, turning from the light of the Emperor to embrace the worship of the Chaos Gods. The Daemonic Whispers Warlord Trait represents the otherworldly guidance that the Word Bearers receive in return.
As if having extra Command Points wasn’t enough to silence the mewling of the Emperor’s sycophants, then taking a Dark Apostle and upgrading him to know, and be able to chant, an additional Prayer will.
The Night Lords were born of the dark – fear is their weapon and they show no mercy to the weak. When you are about to wipe out an enemy unit in close combat, use this Stratagem to prevent them from running away.
The Night Lords also have the perfect answer to those pesky Space Marines Primaris Lieutenants. Let’s see just how noble they are when the range of their aura ability is greatly reduced.
It’s entirely possible that you are already playing an Alpha Legion army without realizing it, that’s how sneaky they are. Nothing they do is what it seems – they may have already sabotaged an enemy vehicle before the battle even began.
The Alpha Legion are also famous for their use of non-Space Marines operatives. Name your Warlord a Cult Leader and make your cheap, plentiful Chaos Cultists deadlier.
The Iron Warriors are the undisputed experts at siege warfare.* With the Siege Master Warlord Trait and a few units of Havocs, no enemy bastion will be able to stand before your punishing volleys of fire.
Since this Warlord Trait also works on vehicles, take a Warpsmith to repair your tanks at the same time as giving them re-rolls to wound. The Iron Warriors have an Artefact that upgrades the Warpsmith’s mechatendrils to MEGA-mechatendrils just in case anyone gets too close to your war machines.
If you want to get your Emperor’s Children pumped for battle, a regular protein shake isn’t going to cut it. Combat Elixirs are much more useful – apply the effects to a 20-man squad of Chaos Space Marines to get the most bang for your Command Points.
Their Primarch Fulgrim taught the Emperor’s Children to seek perfection in all things. Help your Warlord attain perfection in combat by equipping him with the Raiment Revulsive.
Make your World Eaters Warlord even better at spilling blood for the Blood God and claiming skulls for the Skull Throne by naming him as a Disciple of Khorne with this Warlord Trait.
Angron, the Primarch of the World Eaters, once carried two mighty chainaxes called Gorefather and Gorechild. The latter is now wielded by Khârn the Betrayer, but you can equip your World Eaters Warlord with the murderous Gorefather.
The Black Templars are a successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists, created during the Second Founding in the wake of the Horus Heresy. They were led by Sigismund, the Emperor’s Champion, whose swordsmanship and remorseless death-dealing were legendary.
He immediately set forth on a crusade with the full strength of his newly founded Chapter behind him. 10 millennia later, the Black Templars still rove the galaxy in crusading fleets, purging aliens, traitors and heretics wherever they may be found.
On the Battlefield
The Black Templars are notoriously aggressive in battle, and their Chapter Tactic in Codex: Space Marines perfectly represents their holy fervour.
But what about their new rules in Faith & Fury? Well, there are loads! First up is Knights of Sigismund, which is available to armies comprised entirely of Black Templars.
In addition to updated datasheets for their unique units – High Marshal Helbrecht, Chaplain Grimaldus, the Emperor’s Champion and iconic Crusader Squads – Faith & Fury includes some incredibly thematic rules with which to marshal* your Black Templar crusade.
New Warlord Traits, Stratagems, Relics and even a bespoke set of Litanies for their Chaplains offer the Black Templars enormous depth of character. For example, if you want to represent the Black Templars’ famous hatred of psykers, why not take the Epitome of Piety Warlord Trait to thwart their witchcraft?
Rather than their own bespoke psychic discipline,** the Black Templars have six Litanies of the Devout for their Chaplains to choose from. Looking to make the most of a massed charge into the enemy line? Spearhead your attack with a Chaplain orating with Fires of Devotion to add some extra punch!
The Black Templars have always had an affinity for the Land Raider Crusader (in fact, it was originally a variation of their own design), and have long mastered the art of launching devastating charges from these mighty assault tanks.
The Black Templars deserve to shine above all others in this field, and the aptly-named Shock and Awe Stratagem ensures they do just that. Simply load up your finest melee unit into a Crusader and activate it when you charge to shut down enemy Overwatch and let the slaughter commence!
Since the days of Sigismund, the Black Templars have favoured the sword as their melee weapon of choice, and their armouries are filled with countless masterwork blades. If you want to prove your Marshal’s mastery of the blade on the battlefield, arm him with the Sword of Judgement Chapter Relic and he’ll carve through anything in his path with ease.
The next chapter in the Psychic Awakening, Faith & Fury, is almost here. Over the course of this week, we’ll be sifting through its lore and rules-laden pages – which feature absolutely loads of new content for Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines alike – starting with an overview of what you can look forward to. First up, a new prophecy awaits…*
That certainly sounds far from ideal. Given the famously bleak nature of Warhammer 40,000, we can only assume this means that the most apocalyptically, horrific times imaginable lie ahead!
Anyway, let’s take a peek inside the cover and find out just how packed with amazing new content this book actually is…
If your army uses the rules from Codex: Space Marines – especially Black Templars – or hails from one of the Traitor Legions from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Faith & Fury is the Psychic Awakening book for you!
Not only can you expect some thrilling narrative and epic battles describing the bitter war (both physical and spiritual) for the Talledus System, but there are more than 60 pages of awesome new rules.
We’ll be previewing some of the specific Chapter and Traitor Legion rules later in the week, but here are some of the more universal treats you can look forward to.
First up are a selection of thematic new options for armies drawn from Codex: Space Marines – the Masters of the Chapter rules. These esteemed senior ranks have been in the background of the Adeptus Astartes for many years, but now you can represent them on the battlefield in person!
You’ll soon be able to spend Command Points before the battle to promote a Chaplain, Techmarine, Librarian, Apothecary, Company Ancient and Company Champion to the highest-ranking members of their order in the Chapter. A Chaplain can be upgraded to a Master of Sanctity, which effectively doubles their output of Litanies of Battle!
Not only do these Stratagems grant your Characters powerful new abilities, but they also unlock access to bespoke Warlord Traits. For example, a Chief Librarian can be given the High Scholar of the Librarius Warlord Trait, enabling them to draw their psychic powers from more than one discipline.
There are also a pair of new Chapter Relics for each of these senior ranks, such as this incredibly powerful suit of armour that can be given to a Master of the Forge.
It’s not just about Space Marines. Actually, that’s not strictly true, but in this case, we’re talking CHAOS Space Marines!
Daemon Weapons embody the truly anarchic nature of Chaos perfectly, offering you enormous power – if you’re willing to take the risk. These weapons are among the best Relics in the game, offering vast and unpredictable bonus. A Daemon Prince of Khorne armed with Zaaal, The Wrathful could, with a lucky roll, be throwing out 6 Strength 13 attacks, each dealing 2 Damage at AP -5 in close combat. That’s enough to turn even the toughest tanks into fond memories…
However, such power comes at a cost. Whenever you use a Daemon Weapon, you have to roll to control it – and on a 1, you won’t be able to use it. Trust us when we say the risk is worth it – from ignoring invulnerable saves to dealing deluges of mortal wounds to enemies, these are Relics that turned the measliest Chaos Lord into a mighty champion.
Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury
The seismic events of the Psychic Awakening continue to unfold in the second, unmissable book in the series – Faith & Fury. The campaign book kicks things off with a sweeping narrative recounting the tapestry of heroism and villainy woven around the worlds of the Talledus System.
It then presents a host of new rules for the Space Marines – including a codex expansion’s worth of rules for the storied Black Templars Chapter – and loads of awesome new content for the story’s antagonists, the Heretic Astartes. Want rules for your Traitor Legion of choice? Well, Faith & Fury has got you covered!
Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury will be available in hardback, as a luxurious Collector’s Edition and in an ePub digital format.
As an added bonus, while stocks last, every pre-order of the hardback or Collector’s Edition of Psychic Awakening: Faith & Fury will come with a set of stylish datacards for High Marshal Helbrecht, Chaplain Grimaldus, Cenobyte Servitors, a Crusader Squad and a Chaos Sorcerer!
Live coverage of the LVO 2020 from start to finish.
Recap and PDFs for the top ITC Warhammer 40k lists from GT and Major Tournaments for Decemeber 2019 and January 2020 up to the Las Vegas Open
A running compilation of rumors, leaks, sneak peaks for Psychic Awakening: Ritual of the Damned Leak Compilation. With new rules, point adjustments, stratagems and units.
Games Workshop Stock and Investment news from the year that was 2019
Preview of all the large Warhammer 40k tournaments happening around the World for January 2020