These last weeks I have been working on getting the king up and standing. It has taken a lot longer than I thought as I constantly needed to go back and paint in details that I missed as there are so many of them. I also feel that it is harder to paint these resin kits than the plastig knights as all the recesses are deeper and there are quite a few very deep pockets that are hard to get at with a brush. The pieces are also more 3D as they are not bound by a 2D projection in the casting. I also find that the pieces are more warped than the plastic, also on the smaller details, which is a bit detracting if you look closely at the model. But apart from that I enjoy this model and I think it is turning out nicely.

Since it was quite some time since I actually did all the sculpting on the model I have for gotten a lot of what I did so it there are some nice surprises for me as I start applying colours to the GS. It is also, sadly, quite obvious that I have progressed in my sculpting since I did the first parts. This means that not all the GS work is of the same standard. But I hope that it will still look ok in the end.

I am very happy with how the head turned out. I was not a big fan of the original look, but the crown really blends in well and give the head a better profile. This means that I can use the new head I bought for some other knight (Porphyrion).

Now that I have a standing skeleton I will start with all the armour panels and finish up the base. Then I just need to figure out how to attach it to the base, as the surface of the base is quite porouse with all the plaster that it attached to it.