No other site does Wargaming trading like Bartertown. I’ve been a member for many years and I cannot tell you how many great deals I have made. They have a simple policing policy with very few problems and scammers. It beats Ebay as you get to talk shop directly with the people you are trading with, not to mention no pesky extra charges.
And it is FREE!
So if you want to trade pretty much anything for minis this is the place to go. Here is a link for anyone what wants to check them out.
They also run contests, here is one they are running right now!
Hey everyone so after a 2 month lapse I’m glad to finally bring you the 5th installment of hf1f painting contest. I have rewritten the rules for the thread to make them hopefully more smoother. Please do not post pics in the thread at all! Please pm me the pics.
1. The entry charge to the contest will be five dollars a model. Note you only have to pay this if yours gets picked to be painted. Having your picture up for selection is free. The money will be paid to me though PayPay and will be the prize money at the end. Here’s how the payment will work, if your model is picked then you will mail the package to the painter and you will send me $5 through paypal. When a winner is picked then I’ll then distribute the prizes. If your model is not painted then I will send you $5 (minus paypal fees). If you (a painter) get busy and fail to paint your model you will be required to pay the owner what he paid to ship it to you.(and you still have to ship it back).
Some of the people who are entering their models to be painted may want them to match their army or be painted along a certain. If you(the owner of the model) want a specific style then send me the description and I’ll post it with the models picture. If just want to list a picture of how you would like it painted/based then you can send it to me and I’ll upload it. Then I’ll post a link next to the models description. If painters are interested in that model they can just click on the link. Please don’t be too restrictive though because the painter may not use games workshop’s paints and we have to leave some room for creativity(otherwise it’s no fun).
2. Unless the owner says otherwise painters can do anything you want to the models (chainsaws, Zombie ect.). The owner must also request a gloss coat, matte coate or none. Dioramas with other infantry models are allowed. No cavalry, monsters or anything that’s to much bigger then standard infantry though. And you can only use models in the contest. Note that unless the owner has said that you can do whatever you want with the model you should make it so the model can come off of the diorama. All models must be around warhammer size, and all models must be generally around Games Workshop/ Privateer Press medium base size max. Banner bearers and hero’s are allowed but no tanks, cavalry or huge monsters. Any questions with size just pm me.
3. The owner of the model will pay for shipping his way and the painter will pay for shipping his way. Any person out side the U.S. needs to say so upfront. If they are entering a model then I will list their country besides their model. If they want to paint a model I’ll just ask the models owner if they would be willing. I also have to have the owner of the model to send 3 days before everyone else so it will get there about when the rest do. Shipping costs for the last one was about $2 so if you want to enter a model you can expect to pay about that much. Any painter may request up to three models.
4. When the painters take a picture of their model they need to pm me with a name for it. All models get three shots upload, Front, Back, Specialty (something neat or cool about the model). You can offer models and go in as a painter. But you may not paint and enter your own models. Some of the people who are entering their models to be painted may want them to match their army or be painted along a certain. If you(the owner of the model) want a specific style then send me the description and I’ll post it with the models picture. If just want to list a picture of how you would like it painted/based then you can send it to me and I’ll upload it. Then I’ll post a link next to the models description. If painters are interested in that model they can just click on the link. Please don’t be too restrictive though because the painter may not use games workshop’s paints and we have to leave some room for creativity(otherwise it’s no fun).
5. A painter must have at least 10 feedback in order to participate or be an advertiser/ staff person here on Bartertown. Please do not post pics in the thread… pm me them.
6. This contest will be strictly futuristic/ scifi genre. This means anything warhammer 40k, infinity, and I’m adding in malifaux and warmachine (not hordes) or the like.
END OF RULES
6/30: Thread goes up and people can start sending pics of minis to me
7/10: Painters can start to select minis
7/17:I pm the people who need to ship out of the country and have them ship monday.
7/20: I pm the people who will ship domestic and have them get them out the next day.
whenever painters get the models they can start
8/8: All pictures must be in by the time I make the thread… no late entries!
Hopefully MM or pork can make a voting thread for me at this point which will run one week
prizes will then be given and models returned.
Go to this following link for more details!